[windows2000] Re: DHCP servers in a Windows 2000 AD network

  • From: Jim.Walls@xxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:03:44 -0800

"Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@...> asked:
> Anyway, I've got a question about DHCP servers in a Windows 2000 AD
network.  What I would like to know is, if there is 2 or more servers that
act as DHCP servers, do they replicate information between the 2 of them?
Or put differently, if I want to make one of my servers which isn't a DHCP
server, into a DHCP server, do I have to do some sort of "copying" of
information from the previous DHCP server to the new DHCP server?

as I understand it, if they are on the same sub-net, that's REALLY.  they
do not communicate with each other and will assign IP addresses without
regard to what the other one is doing.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile Radio Operations