[windows2000] DHCP servers in a Windows 2000 AD network

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nmcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:59:07 -0700

I administer a Windows 2000 Active Directory network.  However, I don't have a
lot of training at this sort of thing, but I do have some.

Anyway, I've got a question about DHCP servers in a Windows 2000 AD network.
What I would like to know is, if there is 2 or more servers that act as DHCP
servers, do they replicate information between the 2 of them?  Or put
differently, if I want to make one of my servers which isn't a DHCP server,
into a DHCP server, do I have to do some sort of "copying" of information from
the previous DHCP server to the new DHCP server?

Rod