Re: winamp volume

  • From: "Arlene" <nedster66@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:56:54 -0700

Hi there. He got it solved. Thanks.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lino and Louie
  To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:18 AM
  Subject: Re: winamp volume

  Make sure Don has his audio levels adjusted accordingly on his sound card
I.E. master volume, WAV volume etc. Maybe also check the he has the direct
sound output enabled in the output settings.

  On 6/1/2011 11:55 PM, Arlene wrote:
    hello this person is on windows 7. I'm on an xp box. Here goes.
    I have a weird problem with Winamp lite version 5.61 on my Windows 7
    64-bit desktop which has never occurred on any of my XP systems.
    Incidentally, this problem was also present on this desktop when using
    earlier versions of Winamp.

    The volume level on any given file is far lower in Winamp than when
    played in Windows media player, far lower. This is true although the
    Winamp volume is maximized, and the equalizer preamp volume is also
    maximized. I should also mention that this is not a problem in
    Goldwave, Studio Recorder and Total recorder, whose output volumes are
    equal to that of Windows media player when volume settings are maximized.

    To me, this seems totally illogical; but lest anyone should ask, the
    speaker volume is not relevant here because that will increase or
    decrease the volume regardless of the source.

    I really want to use Winamp as my default audio player but just cannot
    do so unless I can resolve this low volume issue.

    Thanks in advance for ideas.

    Don Roberts

    Can you relay the answer or idea? I can pass this to windows 7 list.
    a problem becomes a problem if you make it a problem