Re: some questions about shoutcast

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:38:32 -0600

Hi. To answer all your questions, maybe it's best that I point you to the
broadcasting tutorial done by Jonathan Mosen for Main Menu some months
back. It'll answer all your questions better than I ever could.   But yes,
the shoutcast plugin and server are both free. Please note, and this is
really important! That the method Jonathan uses to broadcast isn't the only
method you can use, there are others and it's better that you understand
the basics first before you can better understand the more complex
things.  Just keep in mind that there are more than one ways to do what's
being done.  The first part of the series can be gotten at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1055.mp3
Part 2 is at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1096.mp3

Part 3 is at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1146.mp3

and for a tutorial on setting up a shoutcast server,
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1336.mp3
I hope all these links work for you.

Go through the tutorial step by step and if you have any questions, feel
free to post them here.