Re: buffering

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:16:15 -0500

He is definitely listening to internet radio. This is just a fact of life folks, I'm sorry but the internet is just like that sometimes. Also, slight correction, it's *not* always the station's falt. Remember folks, internet radio isn't like traditional radio where it's sent through the air. The station sends out it's stream in little chunks called packets. and if one of them is lost or is sent a little later then it should, you're gonna get buffering 0 percent or some similar type of message. Just keep trying and if the station doesn't come back, it's most likely on their end and they're most likely working to fix the problem.

Hello Dan: Are you listening to radio? If you are, sometimes the station loses feed. so, Winamp will buffer. sometimes it's your end or whatever the station has for server. Just hit the x key. it will come back. sometimes you have to close the window itself. then go back to the station. If you are listening to it yourself. your server can lose feed or something. I've never had it buffer when listening to my own music. but only radio!