Where can I locate the winamp.ini file?

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:26:39 -0600

I'm using winamp 5.7 something or other, and having a problem where sometimes
when I close winamp and then click on another file, winamp doesn't start up,
but locks up.  Have to reboot my computer.  I'm thinking if I were to delete
the winamp.ini file and restart winamp, a new winamp.ini file would be created
and maybe my problem would go away.

I located a winamp.ini file in the c:\windows directory, dated back to 2007.
Is that the one I should remove?  Where is the correct winamp.ini file located
here so I can remove it and restart winamp?  At first I thought it would be in
c:\program files\winamp, but I can't locate it there.  Using xp service pack 3.

Any help?  Thanks.
Steve

database 4822 (20100131) __________

http://www.eset.com