The Best of the Best

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:06:22 -0600 (CST)

Well, fooks, with this weekend's shows, we will come to the end of our current run of Toews on the Waves: The Show of No Fixed Format (TOTW) and Radio Classics. We'll be back in January with a revamped format and a shorter title, but in the meantime, this weekend we'll look back on our time providing you with the very best in Internet radio. Please look at the end of this message for when, where and how to listen.

We've had a lot of good times on TOTW over the past few months, and I'm going to try to squeeze all the good memories into one two-hour show. Hear some of the funnier moments, enjoy some of my fond reminiscences, and above all, listen to an absolutely amazing array of variety as we cross-section the very best music we've played on the show. In addition, hear my favorite Song I Can't Stand, my favorite Guilty Pleasure, my favorite Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and hear one song from every fifteen-minute spotlight we did. the variety you'll hear on this week's show just can't be beat.

On Radio Classics, we'll be listening to four shows that I've played over the past few months that have significance to me, and I'll tell you why they mean what they do to me.

Finally, you'll find out about the future of TOTW and Radio Classics, where I plan to go with the shows and what I plan to do with them once I get there. Really, folks, there's something for everyone in this weekend of radio, and I hope you'll join me for the ride.

--

Both TOTW and Radio Classics air twice each weekend. On Saturdays, Radio
Classics airs from 6:00 to 8:00 PM Central (7-9 PM Eastern, 4-6 PM

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

Both shows are also available via Podcast. Teh links for the Podcasts are
on the www.totw.net Website.