[win2kforum] Re: Off Topic NT 4.0

  • From: "L.W. Kramer" <lwkramer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 09:31:45 -0700

It's a complicated bit of disk geometry -
total physical volume size is the 7.8 G, and max partition size is 4...

Hint - use Partition magic to format the volume as you want it, paying
respect to the partition size limits - and do not use nt's disk manager.
example -

you use NT setup on a fresh 20G volume to build a C: (FAT) of 1G and a
D:(ntfs) of 4 G.
after the install you will find (using PM) a c: of 1g, and Extended
Partition of 6.8 G and an NTFS logical drive of 4g in the extended ptn.
NT4 Disk mgr will show a C: of 1g, and ntfs of 4g, free space chunk of
about 2.8, and another freespace chunk of about 12 g.

L.