[WMS] Re: Pre-cursor to wiki markup standard

  • From: "Andrew Premdas" <Andrew.Premdas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:18:39 +0100

Yes my examples do assume an output type thanks for pointing that out.
Perhaps from a technical standpoint we should prefer descriptions like

Emphasis: make a stronger presentation of content.
Heading: a start to a section of content that is part of the overall content
stucture, has a level and is useful in a table of contents.

Perhaps we have already achieved something by identifying this distinction,
and the creation of an output agnostic list of wiki markup types would be
useful.

Wiki is a content management tool, amongst other things!

The functionality list would precede a DTD. Its an analysis whose results
could then be implemented in a number of ways including a DTD if you really
wanted to go down that route.

All best

Andrew