[wiaattorneys] WRIS Contract Deadline

  • From: "Bervid, Joseph [IWD]" <Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:58:47 -0600

DOL said changes to the contract before the deadline was probably not
possible; most states seem resigned to signing as is with the hope of
change later.  The only alternative I see is to send a team of attorneys
to negotiate on behalf of the states concerning the items favored by the
states in the Webinar and the other issues which have been raised.  The
trip to DC would have to be next week or two weeks at the latest.
Amendments could be drafted and sent to the states before the January 1
deadline.  I would propose Jane P from Penn., Paul from NY, Mike from
Utah, and Mike from DC, if they are willing to serve and their states
are willing to send them.  This is the best I can come up with,
certainly open to other ideas??  We need to express opinions and decide
on a course of action.  Thanks, Joe

An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with
disabilities.