[wiaattorneys] Re: WRIS Contract Deadline

  • From: "Brock Timmons" <btimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:58:40 -0500

Joe:
That is a sound, thoughtful suggestion.  Thanks for proposing it.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE ABOVE NAMED RECIPIENT.  Before sharing or
forwarding this email to anyone else, please contact the sender.

Brock C. Timmons
Chief, Legal Section
Unemployment Insurance Division
Georgia Department of Labor
148 Andrew Young International Blvd., NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-1751
Telephone: 404.232.3310
Facsimile:   404.232.3313
email:  btimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> "Bervid, Joseph [IWD]" <Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/05/06 11:58AM >>>
DOL said changes to the contract before the deadline was probably not
possible; most states seem resigned to signing as is with the hope of
change later.  The only alternative I see is to send a team of attorneys
to negotiate on behalf of the states concerning the items favored by the
states in the Webinar and the other issues which have been raised.  The
trip to DC would have to be next week or two weeks at the latest.
Amendments could be drafted and sent to the states before the January 1
deadline.  I would propose Jane P from Penn., Paul from NY, Mike from
Utah, and Mike from DC, if they are willing to serve and their states
are willing to send them.  This is the best I can come up with,
certainly open to other ideas??  We need to express opinions and decide
on a course of action.  Thanks, Joe

An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with
disabilities.

GDOL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may contain confidential
information protected by state
or federal law.  The information is intended only for use consistent with the
state business discussed in this
transmission.If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please delete this email and notify the sender
immediately.Your cooperation is
appreciated.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1