[whpva] Re: World championships 2016

  • From: Giovanni Eupani <eupani@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:20:51 +0200

My personal vision (shared with the board, this is wy I take longer to answer) is that we must try as WHPVA* to help nations that have never organized a WC to do so, also if in some state there is not an hpv club I think we can try to organize something, I'm thinking for example to Spain, Austria, Portugal, Slovenia, Czech Republic... here there are some recumbent builder or group of bent rider but not a whpva club, we can explore if there is the possibility to find a sport club (biking but not only) that can help whpva to organize that as local organization. *(all togheter we are whpva)
An other way to help organizing the event will be try to fix some standard rules for the races, we certainly can leave to clubs the independence they want, but fix a standard way to assign points, fix categories, etc. can be a nice help as well as reduce the possibility of any claims. Also help find some sponsors can be really useful, example for Monza 2011 we asked a known manufacturer of tires any kind of help, but no response, the same company was sponsoring many other events; just have the right contact will be good...
This can go together with the world championship website, we can fix a domain (can be hpv-worldchampionship.org) than after every WC the organizing club last season, leaves the website managed by the incoming club; all the webpages of the previous event will be stored on archive (I think I already propose that idea); to change the logo and the photos on a standard cms template (drupal as used by hpv.be but also joomla, wordpress...) will be easy, save buttons and links, as also many translations in as many languages as possible will be really a time saving procedure.
The best solution will be to organize races on circuit and so to contact race track and the respective City Mayor/President of province
Sometimes circuits are searching "silent event" to organize and so barter other dates of "noise" with the council, a possibility will be to explore if there are some circuits interested in that. Montmelò, Jarama, Valencia, Brnò... many possibilities.
whpva can make a letter to these entities (in an English better than mine)
Is certainly to explore if we can have access to some sport found of the EC and we must push to involve the junior, students and women
and please I do not want to see anymore (on forum and social) racers that call lame other racers just because slower, as well as other that approve or find that funny. I believe that these athletes should make a public apology as well as personally, or must be excluded from our races. We race all together, fast and slow, men and women, young and "not so young", normal or with "superior abilities" (there are not disable people racing with us, but racers with superior, stronger, bigger abilities, if they do what we do!)
Every club can put some volunteers at disposal for the event, doesn't really matter if a bit far from home, more than 100 or 1000km from home is the same... This is already done now, and I do not name anyone, otherwise I have to do all the names.
In the end People that put time in organize and contribute as volunteer are more or less always the same, we can make a group inside whpva for that people, like for the record committee, make a mailing list where all the "willing volunteers" can meet,... .

Regards

Giovanni Eupani
Propulsione Umana
Human Powered Vehicles Italia

---
Questa e-mail è priva di virus e malware perché è attiva la protezione avast!
Antivirus.