[whpva] Re: NEW WORLD RECORD report received

  • From: Theo Schmidt <sus2006@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:53:16 +0200

Dear Edgar and all,

Although in this case we should accept the new category for consistency
and I am generally in favour of accepting new categories, I am worried
about the proliferation of too many similar records.

I would suggest that from now on, *multiple-rider* records are only
accepted without gender-specification and the word "men's" deleted from
the existing multiple-rider records, as there seem to be no
multiple-rider women's records except for the 200m flying start, which
could be kept as an exception.

Best,
Theo
Future Bike Switzerland

PS
Future Bike and the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne present thirty
pedal-power vehicles from the last thirty years. They include
recumbents, velomobiles, trikes, sociables and speed bikes. The special
exhibition will also be displaying international models. Visitors will
be able to take the exhibits for test rides.

Location:
Verkehrshaus Luzern

Organizer:
Future Bike Schweiz

Time:
10:00 to 18:00, from 12.10.2015 to 25.10.2015
"Red-carpet day" for those with vehicles, meet on 17.10. at 12:30 in
front of railway station Lucerne

Sorry, no other information in English, German see
http://www.futurebike.ch/page.asp?DH=2308&ID=3674

PPS Those of you whose messages to the list have bounced, please
resubmit from the correct addresses and/or with excessive quotes
snipped. And who is <jp AT nr87.dk> and <peterheal AT hotmail.com>?
These keep generating error messages.

Am 22.09.2015 um 00:27 schrieb Edgar Teufel:

Dear members of the WHPVA board,

Much to my pleasure I can notify you that we have received a new record
attempt report. Petra von Fintel, according to a report sent in by
Please note that currently we do not list a record for 1000km standing
start, single rider, women. So accepting this would mean to introduce a
new record category indirectly. ...