[whitmanpta] FW: Make Your Voice Heard - Support AB 2434

  • From: "Whitman PTA" <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:03:11 -0700

Dear Whitman Families and Friends,

Below see a message from the San Diego Unified School District, in case you do
not receive their emails.

Also, please note, that when you go to the Action Center, there is a link to
the “Our Children, Our Future” Education Initiative sponsored by the California
State PTA.  The SDUSD has expressed support of getting this initiative for the
November Ballot.  If you want to sign the petition, simply reply to this email
for more information.

Thank you,

Whitman PTA

 San Diego Unified School District Education Issues Action Center
<http://www.sandi.net/cms/lib/CA01001235/Centricity/Domain/1/salsa/salsaemail-header.gif>

 Make Your Voice Heard
<http://www.sandi.net/cms/lib/CA01001235/Centricity/Domain/1/salsa/statecapitol-email.jpg>

<http://www.sandi.net/cms/lib/CA01001235/Centricity/Domain/1/salsa/email-content-top.gif>

The State Legislature is now busy considering legislation that will impact our
schools and public education funding.
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LLAB%2FAacJR6f5w6dQtP0zsgnvjCa5Lai>
 AB 2434, by Assemblyman Marty Block, is an important bill that provides budget
flexibility for school districts with the use of local real estate revenues.
This bill will help school districts like San Diego Unified to balance our
budget during these difficult economic times.  AB 2434 will give your elected
school board local decision making authority over real estate revenues to
decide how these revenues are used to serve students.

The San Diego Unified School District has just launched the
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AIZWzVzkEjkBzEYrJQmFq8gnvjCa5Lai>
 Education Issues Action Center to give supporters of public education an easy
online way to contact their elected representatives to express their opinions
about school funding and other issues.

To learn more about
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3m0EZ0AZi7GoyRCBjOmFqcgnvjCa5Lai>
 AB 2434 and make your voice heard, please visit the
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ELEAUbZXIYrGUoqRfxCwqsgnvjCa5Lai>
  Action Center now.  Just enter your zip code and you will be able to send a
letter to your representatives about this important legislation.

While you are at the Action Center, you will also be able to sign a
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=C%2B1bIM8w7cOXd8OyKJqdg8gnvjCa5Lai>
 petition supporting public education and you can also enter your zip code to
find your representatives and
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kgMPlIysNhdNTIE9IrGnU8gnvjCa5Lai>
 send a letter to express your support for adequate school funding from the
state.

Visit the Action Center today, sign up for updates and
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jOXVcy9553edGdpUaJCfD8gnvjCa5Lai>
 share it with a friend.  You can also spead the word and share the Action
Center on Facebook and Twitter!

Thanks for your support for our students and our schools.

<http://www.sandi.net/cms/lib/CA01001235/Centricity/Domain/1/salsa/email-content-bottom.gif>

 Email Footer
<http://www.sandi.net/cms/lib/CA01001235/Centricity/Domain/1/email-footer.gif>

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OVqa52x6gGK2j51wNCMdtMgnvjCa5Lai>