[webproducers] Re: Web resources - standard rates

  • From: james scola <jscola_72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:05:50 -0800 (PST)

Laura,

We all know there are no hard and fast salary
guidelines, especially in this economy. Below are
links that you may find helpful:

http://webdesign/about.com/salaries/index.htm

http://www.salary.com

I have researched this topic myself in the past and
have found that yes, the rates in NYC are higher than
say the mid west, with most major cities staying
relatively in line with one another.

I have also found that many roles have merged,
especially within small companies and web shops. An
Art Director is also a Designer and a production
artist. A Producer is also a copy writer and
programmer. A WebMaster is a one stop shop!

Being mainly a web developer/designer I can offer some
rates for that area. On an average I have found that
the rates are as follows and often negotiable:

Web Design & Development
(which as we all know can mean anything from graphics
to programming to marketing).

$25.00-$35.00 (HTML, WSIWYG, graphic production)

*$50.00 - $75.00 (Flash, Web Development, and most
managing/director roles) Most projects will include a
multitude of roles and programs.

*Please not that now days, companies and clients seem
to think web development no matter what the area,
though less for programming perhaps, comes very
cheaply. So it's an uphill struggle negotiating these
rates.

I hope this helps, I do have documents on pricing
formulas for web development and those used by
agencies, etc.. if you like I can email them to you
directly.

http://www.webmonkey.com

Is also great resource.

best,
james scola

--- Laura Forbes <laura_forbes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello -
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of where I
> might
> find and/or suggest a standard hourly rate list for
> the following Web roles:
>
> 1.  Web designer
> 2.  Information Architect
> 3.  Web Master
> 4.  Internet Strategist
> 5.  Web programmer
> 6.  Flash programmer
> 7.  Technical Director/Lead
> 8.  Art director
> 9.  Artist/Illustrator for Web
>
> all help is MOST appreciated - many thanks and
> please
> forgive me if this is a redundant question to the
> list.
>
> =====
> Laura Forbes
> 212-254-8481
> 142 Ludlow Street, 6A
> NYC 10002
> laura_forbes@xxxxxxxxx

> www.WebProducers.org. You can also access the list
> archive at the website.
>
> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info
> at webproducers dot org

=====
James N Scola

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org