[webproducers] I found some stats on text vs html

  • From: "m o r r y" <morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:33:54 -0500

For those that care about this I found this info today.  I found it
intersting becuase nearly everything I've read so far has said the opposite
yet no hard numbers or studies were referenced in the other articles.

Morry

Text Beats HTML for Results

A September 2001 survey by IMT Strategies shows text messages got higher
click and conversion rates, while HTML email bounced more often and produced
more unsubscribes. Stats at a glance:

  a.. 18.5 percent clicked through on text messages, while HTML collected
15.6 percent CTR.

  b.. Text email got a 9 percent conversion rate, with 5.3 percent for HTML.

  c.. 7.7 percent of HTML email bounced, compared with 7.4 percent for text.

  d.. 3.2 percent of HTML email generated unsubscribes, compared with 1.2
percent.

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org