[webproducers] Re: How to Negotiate Salary

  • From: AKF <outdoorminer2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:10:10 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed a *slight* pick up in work but I'm one of the many
who fall into the cracks - i.e. too much experience, etc. for
the few jobs that are being posted these days.

The fact is that the economy is still in the shitter and with
employment ALWAYS the lagging factor of any economic recovery,
there won't be a healthy selection of opportunities until we
have a brisk recovery.

Companies are still tightening their belts and while this
doesn't affect everyone on this list now, it may begin to unless
things improve.

This being said, it's rather unusual to be negotiating one's
salary when employers have their pick of some very qualified
people.