[wdmaudiodev] Re: waveOutSetVolume() under Vista returns MMSYSERR_NOTSUPPORTED

  • From: Larry Osterman <Larry.Osterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:56:56 -0800

Both waveOutSetVolume and the mixer APIs should be working on any recent builds
(with the caveat that Frank mentioned below: waveOutSetVolume using IDs didn't
work in all cases until recently).

If you attempt to set the capture volume using the mixer APIs, it won't work
(the API call should succeed, but the call will be ignored), the bug fix for
this didn't make the Feb CTP.

Please note that the wave and mixer volumes are plumbed to the per-stream
volume for render endpoints.

Larry Osterman