[wdmaudiodev] Re: setting sample rate in the control panel in Vista

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:08:54 +0100

Eugene Gavrilov schrieb:

I'm  still unsure if this Vista behavior is correct. I suppose it is a
bug,  because  the  control panel keeps listing the format no longer
supported  by device and no longer manifested by the driver. Moreover,
even  after  reboot  /  disable-re-enable  and  similar  events  Vista
remembers  the  format. I wonder if this is caused by the specifics of
the  audio  format  (our  hardware uses 24-bit data packed into 32-bit
containers)  -  since  the  control  panel  checks 8-, 16-, and 24-bit
formats  during  initialization  (I receive corresponding intersection
requests), but no 32-bit formats are enumerated.

Regards,
 Eugene Gavrilov
 Senior Software Engineer,
 CEntrance, Inc.

It may help you to install different devices for each format and disable the unused formats, so that the format for each device never changes. But I personally did not like that approach and havent tried that.
For the MADI card that would mean for example:

64 channels x 8 different formats x 9 samplerates = 4608 subdevices to install. By the way do you know if the number of devices still is limited to 32 within vista?

/Uwe