[wdmaudiodev] Re: msvad wdm audio CopyForm buffer problem

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:15:03 -0700

何海洲 wrote:

I have recently been developing an ASIO & WDM audio driver, which is modified by msvad routine. Most of the functions have been completed. Now when I encounter the recording call CopyFrom copying samples from the circular buffer, noise will be generated whenever I encounter insufficient buffering.

Right.  What did you expect?  Audio data is continuous.  If you can't generate continuous data, then you get noise.

One alternative is to generate zeros when you don't have data to copy, but even that can generate pops at the transitions.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.