[wdmaudiodev] Re: how to implement a USB audio driver!

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:56:06 -0700

苏河滔 wrote:
>     I am surprised that you still discussing this question and focus
> on the should be or not should be.
> Maybe we should change the question of this discussion.

Sir, we are merely trying to point out ways of potentially solving your
problem with much less work and much lower cost than a full driver.  I
actually used that approach on a USB audio device that did not meet the
USB Audio Class spec.  We wrote a relatively simple lower filter driver
to translate USBAudio's requests into something the hardware could
understand.  That got us something that ran well in a short time.

>     how to implement a Avstream Pin-centric Driver for a none
> UAA-compatible USB audio device.

The two AVStream samples in the WDK are video (and video plus audio).
Those can be a start.  In addition, you have the MSVAD sample that shows
dealing with properties in more detail.