[wdmaudiodev] Re: firewire audio at low latency

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:56:37 +0200

> > Your isoch callback is not called directly from the interrupt service
> > routine of the firewire controller driver. Instead a DPC is requested for
> > every interrupt. Your callback is then called from within this DPC. Since
> > DPCs from other drivers get queued in the same queue, your DPC might be
> > delayed until these DPCs are done.

I made it finally! The solution is: you should not detach / attach buffers
within
spurious callbacks. Otherwise you will lose one of the next callbacks (attach
buffer
not renetrant?). All callbacks are now spaced equidistantly. No callbacks are
lost
any more.
A buffersize of 50 sample seems to run stable if 3 buffers are attached. If
only 2
buffers are used a buffersize of 100 is still attained. If only listening is
required 50 sample is attained.
I'm really exited and wondering what happens if I get my new PC!

Uwe