[wdmaudiodev] firewire audio at low latency

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:04:23 +0200

Hello,
I'm having some trouble getting low latencies with our firewire
minidriver. It comunicates directly with the 1394 stack by attaching
buffers of the same size using stream based dma.

i) attaching 200 or more samples / buffer @44100kHz works fine.
ii) attaching 100 samples / buffer:
The isoch listen callbacks are not spaced equidistantly any more. From
time to time two callbacks are coming at the same time. In that case one

of the next listen callbacks is missing. The avarage number of listen
callbacks seem to be still ok.
iii) attach 50 samples / buffer:
sometimes, depending on the cpu load, an isoch talk callback is missing.

I'm wondering if someone has similar experince or can explain how they
are working around this issue.
Thanks in advance!
Uwe