[wdmaudiodev] USB2.0 High speed audio device for windows XP

  • From: <carsten_30_@xxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:01:25 +0100

Hi,
does anyone know(or have experience) with an USB2.0 High Speed Device under
Windows XP (usbaudioclass.sys).
I know that USB Audio Class 2.0 device don't work under windows.
I know that USB Aduio Class 1.0 Devices work as Full Speed devices (e.g USB1.1)
But is there a chance to get the advantage of 480MBit High Speed, when
implementing a standard USB audio class 1.0 device? Will a high speed device
work with usbaudio.sys?
How must the isochronous endpoint descriptors looks like?
USB1.1 Format, with length=9? or USB2.0 format with length=7?

If this won't work follows the next question. I wrote a KSStreaming driver,
based on AVStream. This filter works very fine and I can stream my USB2.0
audio. But the filter capture pin is only available in GraphEdit or KsTool.exe.
What must I do to make thios capture pin accessible as a system audio device?

thanks for all ideas...

carsten