[wdmaudiodev] Windows Media Encoder and Clock

  • From: AI Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:47:07 +0530

Hi,

We're having some problems with WME when using (audio capture) hardware which is using a clock that's running slightly faster/slower than the system clock.

The problem sounds like a typical clock drift problem - after every few minutes, we get a few seconds of audio that contains noise, which gets corrected.

It's understandable that Windows Media Encoder is doing some kind of SRC to do it's job, but does it also make assumptions about the actual (as opposed to nominal) sampling rate of the hardware?

Has anybody run across this kind of problem with WME before?

Is this the right place to ask this question - or is there a better place?

Thanks.
Devendra.