[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB midi driver?

  • From: "Bert Schiettecatte" <bert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:04:02 +0100

Hi,

> up two MIDI devices with different capabilities, doesn't MIDI have
> custom messages for reporting capabilities so you can tell the
> difference that way?  And if you connect up two identical

No, MIDI doesn't have anything like that.

> MIDI devices,
> why would it matter?

Yes it does, because I don't think Windows will let you connect two
Identical devices, and load the driver for them and still be able
To distinguish between them (correct me if I'm wrong here).

> If they have serial numbers, you should be able to get the
> serial number
> from the device name using the SetupDi APIs.

Ok... Does anyone have a link to some information or can explain
how Windows XP SP1 and SP2 treat multiple identical USB devices?

Thanks,
Bert