[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB midi driver?

  • From: "Mathieu Routhier" <mrouthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:27:29 -0500

On a previous project, I implemented a trick that solved that kind of
problem.  I admit I have been inspired by a version of the Sound Blaster
Live driver from Creative.

The idea is to incorporate the serial number (or a part of it, depending how
"unique" you want to be) in the name of the wave device.  The end result may
look like this: "Sound Blaster Live [A004]".

In the inf, I define the device name as "My device[%X]" and during
installation, the coinstaller renames it using sprintf.  That works very
well and it is a clean (no registry mangling or similar hacks like I've seen
in another project).

Mat

  _____