[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio Class 2.0 support

  • From: pgruebele@xxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 04:57:13 -0400 (EDT)

This issue has not been discussed here for a while:

Is MS planning on implementing USB Audio Class 2.0 support, or enhancing the USBAudio.sys driver to support high speed iso endpoints (with more than 1024 bytes per ms transfers)?

More and more devices require USB 2.0 bandwidth but USBAudio does not really support this porperly. Many device vendors are being forced to each write their own drivers.

I also need support for a USB device which uses more bandwidth than 1024 bytes per 1ms frame. So, I have three options:

1. develop my own driver like others are doing
2. work with MS to test efforts to develop USB audio clas 2.0 drivers. This driver could be tested against my and other vendors' hardware. 3. otain the USBAudio.s ys source code and update it to at least support a bInterval of less than 4.

Anyway, I hope that someone from MS can chime in here with some informaton.

Thanks

Philip