[wdmaudiodev] Sound propeties window problem in VISTA - WDM Audio Driver development

  • From: Ravinder Are <ravinder.jntu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:38:25 +0530

Dear group, I am working on audio driver development for windows Vista. I
have a problem in dynmaic updation of my audio device changes to the sound
properties Window. I want to send a message/event to the outside world from
my driver, so that the application will collect the latest information and
updates in its window. For this i am doing the following changes in my
driver.But my changes are not working fine, still after implementing this, I
did not find any change in sound properties window.
TARGET_DEVICE_CUSTOM_NOTIFICATION Notification; Notification.Event =
GUID_AUDIO_EVENT; //615FC2B2-330C-11DE-90F4-DF3F56D89593;// new GUID
Notification.Version = 1; Notification.Size =
(USHORT)FIELD_OFFSET(TARGET_DEVICE_CUSTOM_NOTIFICATION, CustomDataBuffer);
Notification.FileObject = NULL; Notification.NameBufferOffset = -1; status =
IoReportTargetDeviceChangeAsynchronous( AdapterPdo, &Notification, NULL,
NULL); Please let me know the correct procedure to notify my device changes.
Thnaks, Are