[wdmaudiodev] Re: Strange behaviour of directsound in Vista

  • From: KS <wakeup1504@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:52:04 +0800

Hi Jeff,

On the card that I saw the issue, the topology of the capture endpoint looks
something like below

bridge pin A -----> ADC A ----> vol A -----> filter pin A (Rec Endpoint A)
bridge pin B -----> ADC B -----> vol B ------> filter pin B (Rec Endpoint B)

Both endpoints are independent of each other. I do not see the same
behaviour on some other that uses a selector to connect 2 inputs to 1 filter
pin

bridge pin A --------> ADC A -------> vol A --------> Selector ------------>
filter pin
                                                                        ^
bridge pin B --------> ADC B -------> vol B --------------|

For your test, was it on an audio card with independent recording endpoints
from the topology view? Thanks.

KS