[wdmaudiodev] Strange behaviour of directsound in Vista

  • From: KS <wakeup1504@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:45:07 +0800

Hi,

I've noticed something strange for applications that are using directsound
when running in Vista. When I use it on my audio card that expose 2
independent recording endpoint (rec-endpoint-a and rec-endpoint-b), and the
default recording endpoint was set to rec-endpoint-a, my directsound
application end up opening a recording stream on rec-endpoint-b instead.

When I used RMAA to run a loopback test through directsound on the audio
card, I've also found that in order to get the loopback test to use
rec-endpoint-b, as I've selected in the application, I have to make sure
that rec-endpoint-a is selected as the default in the sound control panel.

Does anyone knows whether this is an expected behaviour, or is it an error
in the directsound layer? Thanks.

KS