[wdmaudiodev] Re: SFX, MFX, EFX

  • From: "Leonard Shoell" <lshoell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:27:32 -0600

I have narrow down the reason why an APO built with WDK 8.1 will not load on
Win 8.1.

It is a dependency issue. When I build with WDK 7.1, there is a dependency
on MSVCRT.DLL. When I build with WDK 8.1, the dependency is on MSVCR120.DLL.

MSVCR120.DLL is available on Win 7, but not available on Win 8.1, so the APO
loads on Win 7, but not on Win 8.1. Since MSVCRT.DLL is available on both
Win 7 and Win 8.1, a APO built with WDK 7.1 loads on both.

Any help on resolving this dependency issue is appreciated.

Leonard