[wdmaudiodev] Filter and PortCls node IDs

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:12:55 +0700

Hello!

Watching for IOCTL_KS_PROPERTY requests coming to my WavePci miniport,
I see that topology filter node IDs specified in KSP_NODE.NodeId field
differ from PCPROPERTY_REQUEST.Node field provided by PortCls.
If KSP_NODE structure is present prior to PCPROPERTY_REQUEST.Instance
pointer, it contains the same node ID as PCPROPERTY_REQUEST.Node.

Of course, PC node IDs are the same as I listed them in my miniport
(0..8, total 9 nodes). There is the following relation between node
IDs:

PCPROPERTY_REQUEST.Node    KSP_NODE.NodeId

        0                        14
        1                         8
        2                         7
        3                         0
        4                         1
        5                         2
        6                         3
        7                         6
        8                         5

In KsStudio, all topology nodes are listed in the same order as I
specify them in miniport's table (PC IDs). Therefore, PC exposes them
in proper order, with proper IDs. But what are these IDs specified by a
client in KSP_NODE.NodeId, and how PC converts them to miniport nodes?

Regards,
Eugene