[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mono recording from a stereo endpoint on Windows 7

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <barefeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:32:00 +1000

Matthew wrote:

OK, so you're definitely getting a stereo pin opened. What apps are you using to record? I ask because it may make a difference what API the app is using (for example, there's no way to open a mono stream in WASAPI on a device that only supports stereo.)

The problem was first observed by one of our customers running Skype (the latest version). I'm seeing it with CoolEdit 2000 and also our own applications that use the WinMM wave API. I haven't tried it with DirectSound but will do so when I get into the office in a couple of hours.

Jeff