[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mono recording from a stereo endpoint on Windows 7

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:17:18 +1000

Matthew wrote:

>What formats does your device support... in particular, in the Sound
control panel, what are the entries on the Advanced tab under "Default
Format" for your device?  And which is selected?

The device supports 2-channel (stereo) recording at the usual range of
sampling rates, with 16-bit or 24-bit resolution, with the default format
set to 2-channel, 24-bit, 48kHz. The same thing happens when I set the
default to 16-bit.

I've also noticed the same thing with the inbuilt HD sound port on the
motherboard - when an application records in a mono format, only the left
channel is recorded, not (L+R)/2 which you'd normally expect and which
happens on XP.

Jeff