[wdmaudiodev] Re: KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT and MinSize

  • From: Markus Bollinger <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:38:44 +0200

Hello Matt,

I have the same problem than you with my portcls driver and multichannel devices with type KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR.

My PROPOSEDATAFORMAT handler works with MinSize=sizeof(KSDATAFORMAT_WAVEFORMATEX) and handles
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE  and WAVEFORMATEX formats.

I noticed that with speaker endpoints always WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE formats (with ChannelMasks) are passed; With my KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR, the handler is always called with WAVEFORMATEX formats (no ChannelMask).

When I configure a multichannel format in the mixer (e.g. 6 channels 16 bits 44100 kHz), MediaPlayer is able to play stereo files (expanded to the selected stream format : 6 channels !), but MediaPlayer is refusing to play a 6 channel Wave file !!

Markus.

Matt Gonzalez wrote:
So it looks like I need to set the MinSize of my KSPROPERTY_ITEM to sizeof(KSDATAFORMAT)+sizeof(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE). Using sizeof(KSDATAFORMAT_WAVEFORMATEX) was wrong, since that doesn't include the extra fields for WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE.

DVD playback still isn't working, but at least this is improved.