[wdmaudiodev] Vista surround sound - the saga continues

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:50:35 -0700

I dumped out all the KS IRPs my driver was failing and learned that Vista & Windows Media Center were asking for KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT and KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION.

I've successfully implemented KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION.

I've also added KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT, but have run into a wrinkle - I never get the full KSDATAFORMAT_WAVEFORMATEX structure passed to my "set" handler.

Instead, I just get the KSDATAFORMAT portion with a sizeof 0x40. The major format, subformat, and specifier are all correct; there's just no WAVEFORMAT structure following them and the size is wrong.

Setting MinData in my KSPROPERTY_ITEM structure to sizeof(KSDATAFORMAT_WAVEFORMATEX) doesn't work; doing that causes my "set" handler to never be called. Right now I'm settting MinData to sizeof(KSDATAFORMAT).

I'm doing my best to copy the example handler for KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT, but the example in the DDK is for a portcls driver and mine is AVStream.

I think I'm really close - doing this gets me a "speaker select" screen in Media Center that wasn't there before. I think I just need to get the proposed data format passed through to me with the speaker mask so I can reject anything with the wrong mask.

Matt