[wdmaudiodev] Re: HCK for Windows 8.1 and USB Audio Class 2 devices

  • From: Tsai Tzung-Dar <tdtsai1973@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 01:04:03 -0700

Hi
Yes, I had success pass HCK 2.1 test by use MiniportWaveCyclic. And I also had
use MiniportWaveRT and AVStream to pass HCK 2.0 test before. I guess some of
HCK  filter is expired. You need check with MS to make sure it. By the way what
UAC 2.0 chip you used?
What do you means the startup time limitation? This should not be limitation. I
had test UAA in HCK 2.0 there is not item can not pass.

BR,
Tzung-Dar Tsai

________________________________
 寄件者: Franz Detro <franz.detro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
收件者: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
寄件日期: 2014/7/17 (週四) 3:06 PM
主旨: [wdmaudiodev] Re: HCK for Windows 8.1 and USB Audio Class 2 devices

Hi,

Hi
>What miniport you use for your USB Audio Class 2 driver? If you use
>MiniportWaveRT or AVStream to implement your USB Audio Class 2 driver, as I
>known you do not need any HCK filter. If you use MiniportWaveCyclic to
>implement USB Audio Class 2 driver, the issue 3 which in your list is HCK's
>bug.

I am using MiniportWaveCyclic. I have seen that there is a HCK filter for this
failure (#2946), but it seems to not work here.

You should can use HCK filter to filter it. Other issue should be your driver's
bug.

I doubt that. IMHO it is not possible to reliably pass these KS Position tests,
as it takes a significant (and non-predictable) time to start the USB audio
stream and the audio data arrives in bunches worth 1 - 8 ms (due to the design
of USB 2 isoc transfers).

In my experience most of HCK filter for USB Audio Class 1 driver is only for
inbox UAA. If you implement a customer driver for USB Audio Class 1 device, you
still need to pass those test.

But this is exactly my point: the inbox USB Audio Class 1 driver is not able to
pass this tests (due to the nature of USB audio streaming) and therefore the
failures are filtered for simple USB Audio Class 1 devices that use this inbox
drivers. I could now try to implement lots of weird workarounds to somehow
cheat the test suite, but this will most probable break the driver for normal
operation.

In my experience you just need to let you USB Audio Class 2 device action as
HDA device, then you can pass HCK 2.1 test.

Did you ever succeed doing this for a USB Audio Class 2 device with your own
driver? If yes, which PortCls model did you use and how did you workaround the
USB specific limitations on startup times and data arrival jitter / buffer
sizes?

Thank you,
Franz