[wdmaudiodev] Re: Can I identifying my audio endpoint?

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:59:25 -0700

Does your device have its own audio driver? One alternative is to read
PKEY_Endpoint_KsComponentId from the endpoint property store. This returns a
KSCOMPONENTID structure. However, for this endpoint property to have useful
information, the audio driver must support the KS property
KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID and fill it in with useful information.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation