[wdmaudiodev] Re: Can I identifying my audio endpoint?

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:52:49 -0700

I'm sorry I misled you with my previous response. A colleague reminded me that
PKEY_Endpoint_KsComponentId is not generally available in the endpoint property
stores. Another alternative- similar in concept- is for your device INF to
indirectly populate the endpoint property stores with your own custom
properties. The SYSFX sample demonstrates this. (Sorry I don't have a pointer
to the SYSFX sample or documentation at my fingertips. I believe it's been
referenced in other messages to this mailing list.) Then your app can search
for an endpoint that has your custom properties in its property store.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation