[wdmaudiodev] Can I identifying my audio endpoint?

  • From: "Alexandra Schoepel \(Ally\)" <Alexandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:26:45 -0700

Hi guys,

What is the most effective way to identify one's own audio endpoint when
using the IMMDeviceEnumerator?  None of the published Audio Endpoint
properties seem to be uniquely tied to the device.  The DirectSound GUID
(PKEY_AudioEndpoint_GUID) seems to be a floating value assigned by the
OS and in no way tied to any information in the inf file of the driver.
Additionally, help on the IMMDevice::GetId function states that the
information it represents is opaque and should not be used to obtain
information about the device.  Any advice?

Thanks,
Alexandra Schoepel