[visionrehabtherapist] Re: The ultimate VRT basket what should it have

  • From: "McInnis, Janet (LARA)" <mcinnisj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sarahdbussey@xxxxxxxxx" <sarahdbussey@xxxxxxxxx>, "guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 08:30:41 -0400

As an old dog who got into the field when DOS was in vogue, and technology was
microwaves, and the future was bag phones, my toolkit needs lesson plans so
that I can learn to teach adaptive technology as best I can to persons who were
skilled with their laptops, tablets and smartphones who now cannot access them.
 While this is a relatively new issue, for me, it is a tsunami warning.  I have
always heard clients talk of the last time they drove their car and how they
hold on to a drivers license, however, the effects of being cut off from email,
banking, shopping, socializing, sports, entertainment, etc that is currently
readily available is going to be a huge crisis if I cannot address some of the
needs.