[visionrehabtherapist] RSA

  • From: "Erica Wood" <ewood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:14:42 -0500

I am posting this to the list b/c so many people have asked about RSA
funding. The Rehabilitation Services Administration is a segment of the U.S.
Department of Education that provides grants to universities to use as
scholarships for degree seeking graduate students in programs such as VRT,
O&M, TVI. This is done to encourage enrollment in the university programs.
Students taking advantage of the funds are then under contract to work in
the field for a certain number of years or pay back the monies they used to
the government.

Currently North Carolina Central in Durham, NC has funding for O&M degrees
and should be adding VRT soon. I'm not sure what other schools in the U.S.
have funding since the grants are re-awarded periodically. Check it out
here:

http://www.ed.gov/fund/grant/apply/rsa/index.html

Erica A. Wood

 <mailto:ewood@xxxxxxxxx> ewood@xxxxxxxxx

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.

JPEG image

GIF image