[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Organization & check writing

  • From: "Heather Hamilton" <Heather.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <t.l.cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:17:05 -0700

Hi Tammy!  I've used the Voxcom with students a lot and it's a useful device...

The only drawbacks are that you have about 9 seconds of recording time per
card, the cards for recording are about the size of a credit card, and the
clarity of the voice playback is not super clear.

Hope that helps,

Heather Hamilton, MA CVRT
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
2211 West Evans Avenue
Denver, Colorado 80223
(303) 866-3512
(303) 866-3491 Fax
heather.hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Statement: This email message and any attachments, from the
Colorado Department of Human Services, are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  The information
contained herein may include protected or otherwise privileged information.
Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender by reply to the message and
delete the email without disclosure. Thank you.

>>> "tammy cantrell" <t.l.cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxx> 1/20/2009 4:31 PM >>>
Hello!
I have a student that has Neuropathy in her hands .  I am in search of ways for
her to keep up with appointments, addresses, telephone numbers, check writing
and a filing system for accounts.  Does anybody know of any voice activated
devices that would help?  She has ruled out the Tap Memo.  I have thought of
the Bar Code Scanner from Envision for identifying files.  We have ruled out
the knfb reader because she has problems feeling the keys.  I would love to
hear your suggestions.

Is the Vox Com an option?  I have heard of it but know nothing about it.
Thanks for your input!
Smile! GOD loves you!