[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Making Pancakes

  • From: "Lachelle Smith" <lasmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<benay410@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:52:14 -0400

Hello Renee:

Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I had read somewhere about using a
squeeze bottle to control the amount of batter, we actually tried that today.
I thought it went really well.  We also tried another technique with a ladle
which my client preferred over the squeeze bottle.  All in all it was a very
successful lesson.  She was so proud of her accomplishment and I of her.

Thanks again for your support.

All the best,
Lachelle

Lachelle E. Smith, M.S., CVRT
Coordinator of the Vision Rehabilitation Therapist Program
Salus University
College of Education and Rehabilitation
8360 Old York Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1598
(215) 780-1448 (office)
(215) 780-1357 (fax)
Lasmith@xxxxxxxxx

>>> Renee Fortin <benay410@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/28/10 11:33 AM >>>

Sue Ponchillia always told me that if they made a thud sound when you picked up
a corner and dropped it then they were ready to be turned over. If they made a
wet sound, they were not ready.

You can put the pancake batter in a washed out squeeze bottle, like a ketchup
bottle, to make them easier to get in the pan or on the griddle.

Renee Man
CVRT/COMS