[visionrehabtherapist] AER natinal convention

  • From: "deanna austin" <deannaaustin2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:51:59 -0400

Good evening VRT listserve,

This is Deanna Austin, chair of the VRT division.

I just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at the international
AER conference and I will be filling you in on what went on in a later
email.

One of the major changes happening is the cancelation of category 3 in
ACVREP certification as of August 31st, 2010. After that date, in order to
apply for CVRT credentials, you will need to have a master's in vision
rehabilitation therapy (to my knowledge, there are no bachelor programs in
VRT). This is a big shift for us as VRT's. Please share your comments or
concerns in regards to this with this list or to myself, Deanna Austin at
deannaaustin2009@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Recruitment into the university programs is
more important than ever for our field.

With that, I will sign off for now and look forward to your comments on the
above.

Deanna Austin LSW, CVRT

Chair, VRT Division

Peace,