[visionrehabtherapist] Re: AER natinal convention

  • From: "Ali Lee" <alee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gholm@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mmoscato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <deannaaustin2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:20:19 -0700

Dear Garrett & All,

Ah, yes.  If VRTs are to be eventually reimbursed for services by Medicare and
if referrals to vision rehabilitation is to be accepted practice by the medical
community, then the new ACVREP certification standards make sense.

The increase in certification standards match the ACVREP mission as listed on
the website at http://www.acvrep.org/: "Advancing professional competency in
vision rehabilitation and education to promote service quality."

We are, indeed, at a critical time when quantity of VRTS also matters so the
people who require the services will receive them.  Yet, in the long-term, this
profession needs to  continue to gain legitimacy which may, in turn, translate
into funding and increase the likelihood of universities re-establishing VRT
training programs like Florida State University, my alma mater.

Ali

Ali Lee , CVRTVision Loss Services CoordinatorLightHouse for the Blind and
Visually ImpairedLightHouse of the North Coast, Satellite Program1910
California Street, Third FloorEureka, CA 95501(707) 268-5646(707) 268-5655
TTY(707) 268-5647 FAXalee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwww.lighthouse-sf.org
<http://www.lighthouse-sf.org><http://www.lighthouse-sf.org/events/2010/ehc-60th.php>Enchanted