[visionary] advocacy issues

  • From: Nicole Fawcett <nfawcett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'visionary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <visionary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:43:44 -0400

Hi gang. I received a lot of response to our call for advocacy issues and
have assembled a list of those I think will most fit in with the goal of
this feature. I will list the topics below.

Can all of you please send me your top 5-10 choices of what issues you think
are most important? Also, if you could, please suggest an action that people
can take at this time on any of these issues (call Congress, rally their
local community, start a petition, etc).

I hope to start this feature on Monday and run one issue each day through
July 26. If possible, please send me your picks by the end of today
(Friday).

Feel free to add suggestions not on the list as well. Thanks for your help!

-MiCASSA
-Medicare homebound amendment
-ADA Notification Act
-IDEA reauthorization
-euthanasia
-forced institutionalization/Olmstead implementation
-state legislation and budgets
-housing
-Assistive Technology Act
-Ticket to Work
-Supreme Court and the ADA
-transportation (public as well as funding for private)
-election reform
-prescription drugs
-accessible congregations
-chemical sensitivities