[vipaudioaccess] Re: Creating a default template

  • From: Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 00:04:16 +0100

Hi Kevin,
I'll try to reply between your message lines.

Kev.
I should begin with the question of how to turn a project into a template and where to save said template.

JP
In the file menu, there is a save as template function.It will save your template in a folder that you have specified during installation. Unlike sonar, Templates and projects have the same file extension.

Kev.
I have scanned the table of contents of the sAmplitude Pro X3 manual with an eye toward looking for where I might create some of these KB splits. Nothing immediately suggests itself.

JP. Was this possible in sonar? I didn't know it was. for me, a MIDI track always took the entire keyboard range am I wrong?

Kev.

Also, I still haven’t figured out how to scroll up and down through the tracks
of a project or template and hear individual tracks/MIDI instruments play as
one scrolls.  I’m sure this is just a matter of what I like to call, Press the
Reset Button Volume XII, Revised Edition.  But I haven’t figured it out yet.  I
have enabled the automatically choose MIDi switch on Record in Transport.  But
there’s got to be something else I’m not doing.

JP.

There is another Monitoring option,which is not specific to MIDI tracks, but it's called Something like turn record on automatically on current track.
Tape monitoring Should also be checked in this menu, and lastly, Another Monitoring option for VST synths to work properly, FX monitoring Input monitoring should be on. Best,
JP

Thanks as ever,
Kevin--
- To post to the mailing list, simply send email to
vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

- To subscribe to the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

- To unsubscribe from the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

- For more list options, like setting digest and vacation modes, visit
//www.freelists.org/list/vipaudioaccess

- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at
//www.freelists.org/archive/vipaudioaccess