[vipaudioaccess] Audio quantise

  • From: Jean-philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: viplist <vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:07:13 +0100

hi Steve,

I remember we had a discussion about this before the current script version, I asked you to Add some buttons and change some labels, which you kindly did. Strangely enough, I Never had the Opportunity to test audio quantising before tonight. So, I would like you to check if you can. I used a pair of tracks with only one object Each to start with, An African callebash recorded with 2 microphones, but on 2 mono tracks;So I grouped both Objects and started using the audio quantise wizard on them.

Splitting at transience seemed to work right, but After that, I noticed I couldn't reached the created objects. Is it because of your new object detection system, as Splitting by transience create very very small objects, and it seems to put Jaws into some kind of trouble.

Then, back to the audio quantise wizard dialogue, I was unable to reach my Goal, as tabbing through the buttons I reached the Transient sensitivity slider that I had set to 60% before doing the split by transience, but at that point, when I reached the slider again, Jaws became totally silent and I had to restart Samplitude which I couldn't do except by killing it in the task manager.

If This issue is caused by the new object detection system, is it possible to temporarily disable it in case of audio quantise? It doesn't happen that often to get so many micro objects.

Do you have a solution?

Cheers,

JPR

--
http://www.jprykiel.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/jprykiel

- For more list options, like setting digest and vacation modes, visit
//www.freelists.org/list/vipaudioaccess
- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/vipaudioaccess